Kansas Warrant Search

Name Phone Number License Plate VIN
Name Phone Number License Plate VIN

How To Perform a Kansas Warrant Search

In the state of Kansas, warrants are taken very seriously as they are an important part of the criminal justice system in the state. They hold those accountable that break the law, or people that don’t follow their civic duties, as well as those that disobey direct court orders. Once a warrant is issued it becomes public record which anyone can view online. A popular way to access this information is to run a Kansas warrant search through a public record website. The search is simple as long as you know the name of the person of interest. You can simply input their name into the search form and go. Once the results have been displayed you may get multiple results for different people with the same names, this is fairly common. If this is the case, then you will need to sort your results with a middle name, age, or county of residence. Then once you have determined you have the correct person, you can view any active Kansas arrest warrants or bench warrants, arrests, criminal history, court records, and incarcerations. These are all considered public record which anyone can reference online.

Reasons Kansas Warrants Are Issued

It is important to know if there is an active or outstanding warrant set in your name. You can receive a Kansas warrant for various reasons. If a warrant is left unresolved then it can lead to much more serious criminal charges in Kansas. Below are some important reasons for performing a Kansas warrant search.

  • There may be a bench warrant issued by the court for failing to attend a proceeding.
  • The court can issue a bench warrant for an unpaid parking offense.
  • You can receive a bench warrant, capias warrant, or arrest warrant for failing to obey a direct court order.
  • It could be for a criminal activity for which the police suspect your involvement. If they do, they can have the court issue a warrant against you.

Kansas Warrants are Public Records

Warrants in Kansas, as in every state in the U.S., are considered public records. This means that they are accessible to the general public. However, it is worth noting that only active or outstanding warrants will appear in public record databases. Once a warrant has been executed or recalled, it might no longer be visible to the public, although it remains part of a person’s criminal history that can be accessed by law enforcement. 

Criminal Record Search

Connection Between Arrest Warrants and Criminal Records

Once a Kansas warrant is issued, it becomes a part of a person’s criminal record even though it does not mean that person is guilty of a suspected crime. It means that a judge has issued a warrant to arrest someone for an alleged crime because of strong supporting evidence. Even though a Kansas arrest warrant doesn’t guarantee a conviction, it is still listed on someone’s criminal record and can have harmful ramifications to a person’s livelihood. Potential employers, housing agencies, or educational institutions conducting background checks can access this information. An unresolved warrant can lead to complications such as job denials, housing application rejections, and other hindrances in personal and professional growth. 

Steps to Take If You Have a Warrant in Kansas

Should you find that you have a Kansas warrant in your name: 

  • Determine What Type of Warrant You Have: If you have a bench warrant then you might be able to rectify the situation yourself if it is regarding a missed court appearance or forgot to pay some court fees. Then you can simply skip to the next step. If you find yourself with an arrest warrant, then you will want to skip to the “Seek Legal Advice” section below. 
  • Address the Underlying Issue: If the warrant is due to unpaid fines or a missed court appearance, addressing the root cause might lead to the warrant being lifted. It might be as simple as rescheduling that missed court date, or jury duty. 
  • Seek Legal Advice: Before you do anything with an arrest warrant it is a good idea to consult with an attorney. They can help guide you in your situation, your rights and the best course of action moving forward. 
  • Consider Turning Yourself In: If you voluntarily surrender yourself, it might be very beneficial to you in court as it demonstrates your accountability and initiative. It is a lot better than being arrested at an inopportune time. You should of course have this discussion with your attorney, there might be other options available to you depending on the criminal charges. 

Running a Kansas Arrest Warrant Search Through State Agencies

A solid option for running a Kansas arrest warrant search is through state run agencies, such as sheriff department websites, such as  Johnson County , Wichita county, or Shawnee county for example. These searches are available to the general public to search however, they cannot be used to search Kansas bench warrants, only arrest warrants. They also have call in phone numbers if you need assistance or want to report a known fugitive or someone that is wanted by the law. In some circumstances they even offer rewards when someone reports a wanted person, and that leads to their apprehension

Another state agency that offers a Kansas arrest warrant search is the Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI). The KBI maintains a centralized database that allows people to search fugitives and wanted persons from multiple jurisdictions. This is particularly useful for a broader searches such as performing a statewide search for someone. This state agency has a bulletin board of their most wanted as well as an arrest warrant lookup tool. You can also get a reward for calling in a lead that leads to the arrest of a wanted fugitive. You can also access the list of registered offenders through the KBI website.

Research Someone’s Warrant in Another State

Kansas Warrant Search

Kansas Warrant FAQs

Do I Have a Warrant in Kansas?

To find out if you have a Kansas warrant you can inquire with the relevant county courthouse clerk, the county sheriff department or use an online public records website to search the status of a Kansas warrant.

Are Kansas warrants public record?

Yes, Kansas warrants are public record. In fact, all warrants are public record that anyone can access via the Freedom of Information Act of 1966. All you need is the full name and age of the person in question to perform a Kansas warrant search.

Can I be arrested for a Kansas bench warrant?

It is possible to be arrested for an outstanding Kansas bench warrant depending on the relevant criminal charges such as a failure to appear in court.

Can I be extradited for a Kansas warrant?

Yes, depending on the nature of the warrant you can be extradited to another county or state

Can I search Kansas warrants for free?

Yes, there are various free online resources you can use to find out if you have an active warrant in Kansas. First, you can try using the county sheriff department websites, they often have an offender list with active warrants. Another option is to use the Kansas Bureau of Investigation website. A third option is to use a public record website where you can search statewide in Kansas, and your searches are anonymous with this last method.

Do I have a Kansas tax warrant?

If you have unpaid taxes and you it's been a while since you have done anything about it then you might have a tax warrant. You can search through a public record website to find out if you have anything active in the state.

Do I have a warrant in Johnson county Kansas?

A quick way to find out if you have an active warrant in Johnson county is to visit the Johnson county sheriff department website and perform a warrant search there. You can also search anonymously through public record websites.

Do I have a warrant in Wichita Kansas?

The city of Wichita has an online web search tool where you can lookup fugitives, most-wanted persons, and run a warrant search. A second option is to use the resources of a public record website where you can search statewide with a first and last name, and all your searches will be anonymous.

Leave Reply - See responses below:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Responses to “Kansas Warrant Search

  1. squarryadministrator says:

    Felicia, we ran a Kansas criminal record search and did not find any active warrants for him but we did find felony drug charges and incarceration records for thi person

  2. Felicia Ameigh says:

    Yes my daughter is currently dating a man named Dustin O. Shown born in 1992. I am aware he has a criminal record in Lyon county, KS. Could you run a warrant check?

  3. squarryadministrator says:

    Penny, we ran a Dodge city warrant search for the person in question and did not find anything active at this time

  4. Penny Ferrumpau says:

    Looking to see if a person who is a squatter in my Texas home has a warrent in Dodge City Kansas from possibly Nov 2021
    Pamela Sue Friedhoff
    DOB 3/20/1966

  5. Steven L Brill says:

    I would like to search for any active warrants in my name. Steven L Brill 08/09/1990 Kansas or Missouri.

  6. Raina Ellis says:

    Do I have any active warrants in Kansas, Missouri or Nebraska? DOB: 07/06/1979
    Thank you!

  7. squarryadministrator says:

    Tommie, we don’t show any KS warrant records associated with your name

  8. Tommie Shorter says:

    Do I have active warrants in Topeka ks

  9. squarryadministrator says:

    Jennifer Mailcoat did not show any results with our Kansas criminal record search

  10. Jennifer mallicoat says:

    I would like to know if I have a johnson county warrant jennifer mallicoat

  11. squarryadministrator says:

    Kevin, we ran a Colorado warrant search for you and did not find anything active at this time

  12. Kevin DiiBon says:

    Do I have any Johnson CO warrants Kevin W. DiiBon 08/09/1988

  13. squarryadministrator says:

    We found multiple criminal records for a Christopher S. Fanestil in Kansas however, we’re not finding any active warrants at this time

  14. Christopher s.fanestil says:

    I would like to know if I have a warrant in all of kansas.

  15. squarryadministrator says:

    We found multiple criminal records for a Jasmine Marie Jackson but no corresponding warrants that we can find at this time

  16. Jamesine says:

    Are there any active warrants for jamesine jackson age 24 d.o.b 01/18/1996 throughout all of kansas??

  17. squarryadministrator says:

    We found multiple people with your first and last name Chad however, none of our records match your birth date. This means we did not find anything active with the information you provided us

  18. CHAD ROSS says:

    Can you see if Chad Ross II
    DOB 9/8/1991 has active warrants in Shawnee County KS? And what they are for.

  19. squarryadministrator says:

    Shelia, we did not find anything active for a Kendra wheeler in Kansas. Let us know if we can be of further assistance with any of your public record inquiries

  20. Sheila Summerhill says:

    Is there a warrent for a Kendra wheeler age 20?and is it extraditable and how does her address get updated?

Last Updated: 2023-08-09

Please be aware that the information obtained using SearchQuarry.com searches may not always be accurate and up to date as we do not create, verify, or guarantee the accuracy or the amount of information provided through our service. Data availability is largely dependent on various public sources from which the information is aggregated. SearchQuarry.com is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by Fair Credit Reporting Act and should not be used to determine an individual’s eligibility for personal credit or employment, or to assess risk associated with any business transactions such as tenant screening. By using the services offered through this website you agree to comply with all of the conditions set forth in our terms and privacy disclosure. The information obtained from our searches is not to be used for any unlawful purposes such as stalking or harassing others, or investigating public officials or celebrities. Violators may be subject to civil and criminal litigation and penalties. All searches are subject to our terms and applicable laws.