Tennessee Driving Records Search
Whether you’ve been charged with traffic offenses or not, periodically checking your driving record is a good thing to do. Also known as a motor vehicle record, a driving record contains the personal information of the driver as well as the suspensions, tickets, accidents, revocations and violations pertaining to him/her. Tennessee driving records are maintained by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security.
Tennessee Driving Records Include
- Traffic accidents
- Suspensions and revocations
- Demerit points
- Traffic citations and violations
- Classifications and endorsements
There are many reasons to request for Tennessee driving records including:
- Performing background checks
- Preventing identity theft
- Ensuring the information on the driving record is correct
- Insurance purposes
The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security offers only one type of driving record. The driving record provided by the DOS includes information such as your driver license status, citations, points, accident history, classifications, endorsements, and fines. There are three ways for you to obtain your Tennessee driving record: in person, by mail and online. Following is how you can obtain your TN driving record via the aforementioned ways.
Tennessee Driving Records In person
To request for and obtain your Tennessee driving record in person, do the following:
- Visit the Tennessee driver service center
- Provide the required information and a copy of your driver’s license
- Pay the relevant fee
Tennessee Driving Records By mail
If you choose to obtain your Tennessee driving record by mail, following is what you need to do:
- Write down a request for the driving record that contains your name, DOB and driver’s license number
- Fill and complete the Request for Record Individual Authorization form
- Mail the aforementioned documents along with a $5 pay order or cheque to:
Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security
P.O. Box 945
Nashville, TN 37202
Tennessee Driving Records Online
An easy way to obtain your Tennessee driving record is requesting for it online. To make an online request for your Tennessee driving record, visit the Tennessee DOS website, enter the required information, and pay the $7 fee. A PDF version of your driving record is the driving record that you’ll get online.
You can also request for and obtain your Tennessee driving record online through public databases. If you want know more about Tennessee driving records, contact DOS at (615) 253-5221.