Washington Divorce Records

Name Phone Number License Plate VIN
Name Phone Number License Plate VIN

Washington Divorce Records Search

Divorce records in Washington are found in the Superior Court of the county in Washington where the divorce proceedings took place. There are plenty of county Superior Courts that make use of online access to court files, where the search engine allows them to search by name. The Free Index Search by the state has limited Washington Divorce Records.

The records and documents from divorces that took place before the year 1968 are kept by the County Clerk; these are held by the Washington Health Department.

The Center of Health Statistics is supposed to manage the issue of divorce, marriage and birth for the Washington State. You can avail the same day service by visiting the main office in Olympia and costs around $20. Orders can be placed by phone or mail. Another great way to send in the request for certified copies of the divorce records is to order by the online Washington VitalChek system. However you must remember that different fee rates are applicable for the different methods of ordering the copy of the divorce decree. If the administration fails to locate the records of divorce that you requested you will be refunded back $12 of the $20 that you pay at walk in order. If you order online it will cost you $31.50, via phone the order costs $31.50 and can be shipped the very next day. Ordering through mail costs $20 but may take four weeks to ship the certified copies. Certified copies that are ordered by phone and online have $5 agency expedite fee and $6.5 processing fee.

You can call at (360) 236-4300 to request copies of the decree, or you can visit or send mail to:

Washington State Department of Health
Center for Health Statistics
101 Israel Rd SE
Olympia, WA 98501

Public records like birth, death and marriage certificates are available at the state office starting from 1907. The Washington county health departments have records from 1921 to present day; records from before 1907 can also be found with the county auditor in Washington. Divorce and marriage records starting from 1968 to the present day are available at the state office with slight delay for brand new record filing. Any records from before the year 1968 that you find have not ever been transferred to the Washington State will surely be found with the county auditor.

Washington Divorce Records
Washington Divorce Records

Leave Reply - See responses below:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Responses to “Washington Divorce Records

  1. says:

    Unfortunately we do not have an answer for that question. You can always try reaching out to them via phone or email to inquire about that specific question.

  2. says:

    VitalCheck asks you what city your divorce was granted, will it still fund my records if I give them the wrong city?

  3. says:

    Tom, if you want to obtain a certified copy of your Washington divorce record you can use the online resource that most counties in Washington use, it’s VitalChek.com. They will charge you a premium for a copy but it can be mailed to you and it will be anonymous.

  4. says:

    I don’t remember the county my divorce was granted in, it was done by a paralegal.
    Is there another way to get the records without asking my ex?

  5. says:

    Maureen, you will want to visit the Washington Department of Health website and make your request with them for a copy of your divorce decree, or you can also contact the clerk of the courthouse where you filed for divorce and request a copy from them as well.

    How to Get a Copy of a Washington Divorce Decree

    You can get a copy of a Washington divorce decree by visiting the Washington Department of Health website and use the Vital-Chek resources outlined in the instructions on the website. There will be a nominal fee for a certified copy of a Washington divorce decree and it will be mailed to. You can also contact the Washington Department of Health with any questions @ 360-236-4300

  6. says:


  7. says:

    Pamela, a quick and easy resource is to use the VitalChek.com website and order them through this service. Many of Washington state courthouses use this resource to expedite vital records to people looking to obtain duplicate copies of marriage and divorce records. There will be a nominal fee to use this service but you will be able to obtain a certified copy of your Washington divorce record without having to visit the courthouse, which has become difficult recently with stay at home orders and social distancing.

  8. says:

    I need a record of my divorce papers for legal purposes. I have spent hours looking on-line. Please tell me where to find these records.

  9. says:

    Gerald, if you are looking for a copy of your Washington divorce records you can make this request with the clerk of the courts in the county your divorce was originally processed. They will be able to provide you with a certified copy of your divorce record that you can use for official purposes

  10. says:

    Divorce records

  11. says:

    You will want to contact the Washington Department of Health to obtain copies of a family member’s Washington Marriage and Divorce Records. They are the managing state agency that archives and indexes these public vital records.

    Official Washington Marriage & Divorce Records

    1. Visit the Washington Department of Health website
    2. Fill out the Marriage & Divorce Certificate forms
    3. Provide photo ID and pay the appropriate fees
    4. Processing may take several weeks by mail

  12. says:

    I am seeking marriage and divorce dates for my step father, William Edward Perkins, Sr. He is deceased and my mother has dementia and lives in an assisted living home in Arizona. We need Williams marriage and divorce information so that we can apply for assistance through the Veterans office. Here is the information that I have. Spouses include Tahwahnah, and Phyllis. There may have been another also, possibly a Japanese woman. Any information is helpful or even directing me to other resources. Than you so much.

Last Updated: 2017-01-03

Please be advised that the information accessed through SearchQuarry.com searches may not always be accurate or current, as we neither generate nor authenticate the data provided via our service. The reliability and precision of information are primarily contingent upon diverse public sources from which data is compiled. By utilizing SearchQuarry.com, you acknowledge your acceptance of the terms delineated in the SearchQuarry.com terms of service and our privacy policies. Information acquired via SearchQuarry.com must not be utilized for unlawful purposes such as stalking or harassing individuals, or scrutinizing public figures or celebrities. Individuals who contravene these directives may be subject to both civil and criminal legal proceedings and sanctions. It is explicitly stated that SearchQuarry.com does not function as a "consumer reporting agency" as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA"), and therefore, does not furnish "consumer reports" pursuant to the FCRA. SearchQuarry.com strictly prohibits the utilization of information garnered from search results (a) for discriminatory practices against any consumer; (b) for assessing a consumer's eligibility for personal credit, insurance, employment, housing, or government licenses or benefits; or (c) in any other manner that may impact a consumer's economic or financial status or standing.