Texas Driving Record Online
There may be times when you or another person needs access to a Texas driving record. There are a couple ways someone can obtain a Texas Driving Record. The first is online. With the advent of online public record databases, most driving records are available via the internet. The only caveat for a Texas driving record lookup online is the information obtained online is for verification purposes only. To obtain a certified copy of a Texas driver record you must visit the Texas DPS.
DPS Texas Driving Record
To obtain your driving record online, please visit the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS). On that website, you will be prompted to print a test record to ensure your system is compatible. If you are able to view and print this record, you may then log in to obtain yours.
You will need to provide the following information:
• Driver’s License Number
• Date of Birth
• Last four digits of your SSN
• The DPS audit number found on your card
Once your record appears, you must print it or save it to your desktop. You will not be able to retrieve it again after logging out, and will need to repeat the process.
You may also download and mail a paper application directly to DPS. It is not possible to obtain a copy by visiting a driver’s license office in person.
Texas Driving Record Information
The information you receive will depend upon the type of request you make. The different records and their corresponding information are:
• Type 1 status record, which includes date of birth, license status, home address and the date you originally filed for a Texas driver’s license.
• Type 2, a three-year history that includes all the information contained in Type 1 in addition to a list of crashes, moving, and non-moving violations.
• Type 2A-a certified version of Type 2 that contains the same information.
• Type 3-which contains all Type 1 information in addition to a list of all crashes, moving and non-moving violations. This type is provided only to the person it belongs to.
• Type 3A, a certified version of Type 3 that is the only one that can be used for a Defensive Driving Course (DDC).
• Type AR, an abstract record that contains all Type 3 information in addition to any and all suspensions.
Knowing how to obtain a Texas driving record is important, as you can never be sure when you might need yours. It is equally important to know what type of information you can expect if you are to order the right one. The above information will prove very useful if you ever find yourself needing to obtain your Texas driving record history.