Nebraska Divorce Records Search
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human services maintains and issues divorce records in Nebraska. People in Nebraska can obtain divorce certificates for themselves of their parents though without proper purpose, you cannot obtain Nebraska divorce records.
Proper Divorce Record Search Purposes Include:
- A person requesting his or her certificate of dissolution of marriage for personal use
- The registrant, a member of the registrant?s family or the registrant?s legal representative requesting the divorce certificate to use as a proof of identity to obtain legal right over something
- Transference of property or other assets
- Getting a child admitted to school
- Getting re-married
Before you apply for Nebraska divorce records or certificate, make sure that you meet the aforementioned proper purpose. Also, keep in mind that if you apply without proper purpose or if no record is found, the fee for the search will not be refunded. Nebraska divorce records can be obtained in person, over the phone, through mail or online. If you choose to make a request through mail, you?ll need to include the following information in your request:
- Your name
- Your spouse?s name
- The county or city where you were granted the divorce
- The month and year the divorce was granted
- The purpose you require the divorce records/ certificate
- If requesting for someone else?s record, details of how are you related to the person?
- A photocopy of your current government issued photo ID
In addition to the aforementioned information, you need to mail a $16 check or pay order to:
Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services
Division of Public Health
P.O. Box 95065
Lincoln, NE 68509-5065
To make a request for Nebraska divorce records over the phone, you need to call the Nebraska Department of Health and Human services at 402-471-2871. In addition to the aforementioned ways, you can also make an online request for Nebraska divorce records. To make an online request for Nebraska divorce records, sign up with the authorized website providing the information, pay the fee, and fax the ID including the name, the records requested, and the given internet confirmation number to 402- 742-2385.
Making an online request for Nebraska divorce records is the quickest way to obtain the records. If you want get any further information about Nebraska divorce records, you can visit the website of the Nebraska Department of Health and Human services.