Washington Driving Records Request Information
Maintaining the driving records of all Washington residents with a driver’s license is the responsibility of the Washington State Department of Licensing. The driving record maintained by the Washington DOL includes your driving history such as:
- Your personal information
- Suspensions and disqualifications
- Current driver’s license status
- Car accidents
- Traffic violations and convictions
- DUI reports
Apart from you, the following people/organizations can request and view your Washington driving record:
- Insurance company
- Government agencies
- Prospective employers
- Volunteer organization
- Transit authority agency
- State university or college
- School district
You can make Washington Driving Records Request for the following driving records:
Complete driving records:
Contains your entire Washington driving history and is used by government or other officials.
3-year driving record abstracts:
Contains your past 3-year complete driving history and is meant for insurance companies.
Employment driving records:
This type of record contains your complete Washington driving history and is meant for prospective employers.
Volunteer driving records:
Used for screening volunteer drivers, this type of record is meant for volunteer organizations.
School bus driver records:
This type of driver record is used for pre-employment screenings by school districts.
There are three ways of making Washington driving records request: online, by mail and in person.
In order to make an in person request for your Washington driving records, you’ll need to:
- Visit your local Washington DMV office
- Provide a copy of your driver’s license or another form of photo identification
- Pay $13 driving record fee
To request your Washington driving record by mail, you’ll need to:
- Fill out and mail Vehicles Records Request form to: Driver Records
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3907
Seattle, WA 98124-3907
- Pay through check or pay order $13 driving record fee
You can request your Washington driving record online by:
- Visiting the Washington DOL website
- Entering your driver’s license number, DOB and social security number
- Ticking the type of record you need
- Paying through credit card the $13 driving record fee
Another way to obtain your Washington driving record is online through public databases. For further information, call Washington DOL at (360) 902-3900.