New Jersey Driving Records Request Information
Maintaining the driving records of all New Jersey residents with a driver’s license is the responsibility of the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC). The driving records maintained by the New Jersey MVC contain driving history such as:
* Your name, DOB, mailing address, and driver’s license number
* Driver’s license issuance date and status
* Traffic accidents
* Suspensions and revocations
* Previous violations and convictions
* DUI reports
You can make New Jersey Driving Records Request for three different types of driving records including:
Non-certified driving records: available online, these records include an overview of your driving history.
Certified 5-year driving records: Used by employers and insurance companies, these records include your five-year driving history.
Certified complete driving records: Include your complete driving history such as accidents, fee payment history, suspensions, violations, record points and type of violation.
You can make New Jersey Driving Records Request in three different ways—online, by mail, or in person. Furthermore, you can obtain a copy of your driving record online through public databases.
In order to request your New Jersey driving record by mail, you need to: * Fill out and mail Driver History Abstract Request form along with a copy of your driver’s license to: NJ Motor Vehicle Commission Abstract Unit 225 East State Street P.O. Box 142 Trenton, New Jersey 08666-0142
* Pay through check or money order $15 driving record fee
You can request your New Jersey driving record in person by:
* Visiting the local MVC office * Completing and submitting Driver History Abstract Request form
* Paying the $15 driving record fee
To make an online request for your New Jersey driving records, you need to: * Visit the New Jersey MVC website
* Enter your user ID, license number and last four digit of your social security number
* Pay through credit card the $15 driving record fee plus the credit card convenience fee
To find out more, contact the New Jersey MVC at (609) 292-6500.