|Carson City||89711||Carson City DMV Offices|
|Elko||89801||Elko DMV Offices|
|Ely||89301||Ely DMV Offices|
|Fallon||89406||Fallon DMV Offices|
|Hawthorne||89415||Hawthorne DMV Offices|
|Henderson||89074||Henderson DMV Offices|
|Las Vegas||89104||Las Vegas DMV Offices|
|Las Vegas||89131||Las Vegas DMV Offices|
|Las Vegas||89147||Las Vegas DMV Offices|
|Laughlin||89029||Laughlin DMV Offices|
|Mesquite||89027||Mesquite DMV Offices|
|North Las Vegas||89030||North Las Vegas DMV Offices|
|Pahrump||89060||Pahrump DMV Offices|
|Reno||89512||Reno DMV Offices|
|Sparks||89431||Sparks DMV Offices|
|Tonopah||89049||Tonopah DMV Offices|
|Winnemucca||89445||Winnemucca DMV Offices|
|Yerington||89447||Yerington DMV Offices|
Nevada DMV Offices – Locations, Hours & Phone Numbers
The Nevada Division of Motor Vehicles oversees several services that are available or required of residents living in Nevada. To help prevent long lines in Nevada offices, the DMV is constantly striving to make services available without the need to in-person visits.
Nevada DMV offices are generally quite busy, even given the size of the staff on hand throughout the day. While you should only visit an office if you can’t do something online or at a kiosk, here is a list of things that you will be required to visit an office to do:
- New driver’s license or ID card
- New vehicle registration (for vehicles purchased out of state)
- New driver testing
To help reduce lines in DMV offices, and to reduce commute times, the Nevada DMV offers several kiosks throughout Nevada. Though usually located within major supermarkets, the complete list of kiosk locations is available on the Nevada DMV website.
- Registration Renewal: Visit a kiosk to renew your registration instantly after having successfully completed a smog check
- Insurance Suspension Reinstatement: If your license has been suspended due to lack of insurance, you can reinstate it through any kiosk, provided your insurance company has sent the DMV your policy information.
- Driver History Printout: You access your driver history, including previous activity such as suspensions.
- Duplicate License, Permit or ID Card: This is used if your card has been lost or stolen.
- License or ID Card Renewal: While you can renew your license or ID at a kiosk, you cannot change the photo.
The Nevada DMV website is located at http://www.dmvnv.com, and offers a wide variety of services to keep you from having to visit an office. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Registration renewal: Required on a yearly basis. Registration paperwork is mailed to you after payment is completed online
- Update your insurance policy
- Request duplicate drivers license
- Estimate upcoming registration fees
- Make in-person appointments
Avoiding Long Lines
Nevada DMV offices can get quite busy, and the following tips should be followed to help your experience be as best it can be:
- Get to the office 30 minutes before opening time to avoid long wait times
- Use the “Dash Pass” to make an apointment. This online booking service gives you the opportunity to set an arrival time that’s convenient for you
- Fill out paperwork beforehand whenever possible. This saves time both for you and those after you.
- Avoid the DMV office the day after a holiday. This is the busiest possible time for most, if not all offices.